Monday, June 14, 2004

Weird time of life

In terms of relationships, I find that I am in a weird time of life.

Ok... more weird than normal...

I'm in my late 30's, soon to be 40, single, unattached (kindasorta). I keep finding myself attracted to women much younger than myself. Not in a perverted sort of way. These women tend to be in their mid-20's, which in itself is not weird. I've always been attracted to women in their mid-20's. In my mind's eye, I still feel like I'm in my mid-20's, so it kinda makes sense.

But then I get to thinking...

Should I ask her out? The mental math starts ticking. If I were her age and a guy my age asked me out?

I start grossing myself out.

But then there's the women my age. And there are a number that are attractive. But the problem is, they're starting to look like my mom. At least how I picture my mom in my mind's eye. And I gross myself out all over again.

Yeah, this is weird...

4 Comments:

At June 14, 2004 at 5:29 PM, Blogger hiraeth said...

If it makes you feel any better, I date a guy 15 years older than me - I'm 30. The age thing is a non-issue.

 
At June 15, 2004 at 9:11 AM, Blogger BG said...

My sister married a man 18 years older. So, you're right, age isn't an issue. I just think too much.

 
At June 15, 2004 at 12:39 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

When you're 50 and dating a 20 year old then you can start worrying

:-9

 
At March 16, 2007 at 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP film editing classes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home