Monday, June 21, 2004

Blog flavors

I find that I'm having a hard time figuring out what I want to post.

I mean, what can I possibly have to say that would be of interest to anybody outside of myself or my immediate family (God forbid they read this).

Interesting blogs usually follow the format learned in Creative Writing 101, that is, drama or conflict. Which is fine, people like to read drama and conflict, but that's not really me.

You see, I live a pretty mundane life. Actually, I'm kinda proud of that. I've worked hard at making my life as uncomplicated as I can. Not to say that I don't have drama and conflict. It's just boring drama and boring conflict. (actually, that's not entirely correct cause some of the conflict is pretty out there and I'm so consumed with ensuring that complete strangers have such a good opinion of me I hesitate posting it because it would make me look pretty strange) (ie:how does one punish a 9 year old who held a knife to his sister's throat)

If I had a different sense of humor, I suppose I could write that kind of blog. The problem with that is that my humor tends to be deadpan. Meaning, I play off the moment, make an outrageous statement with a totally serious face. That only works if you know me pretty well. Otherwise, people end up thinking I'm pretty stupid. ('cept for the people who know me and think I'm stupid already in which case it doesn't really work too well there either) Oh, to have biting satire and a quirky outlook on life...

I do spend a lot of time contemplating human behavior and trying to understand why people do certain things. Occasionally I think I have some insight/opinion which may be worthy of comment, but then I have that nagging tendancy to get up on my soapbox and pontificate which gets old rather quickly.

So... in the end... I fall back on Creative Writing 101.

Write about not knowing what to write about.

5 Comments:

At June 22, 2004 at 8:56 AM, Blogger Johnny said...

Yes but constant wierdness becomes mundane.

We'd like to hear it all just the same.

 
At March 2, 2007 at 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

 
At March 6, 2007 at 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! »

 
At March 14, 2007 at 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it video editing programs

 
At April 23, 2007 at 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home