Thursday, June 24, 2004

American Woman

R from one of my recent finds Diary-A has written a fantastic post about American women.

It's an honest examination of feminism and modern day women.

One of the things that has always confused me about women (and believe me, there are many things that confuse me about women) is this seemingly schizophrenic approach they have towards relationships.

"I want a man who is confident and takes charge!"

"I want a man who isn't afraid of a strong independent woman!"


Oil and water, my friends... oil and water.

The "strong confident man" is ultimately despised as controlling and selfish. A man "who isn't afraid of a strong independent woman" is ultimately despised as weak and cuckolded.

Have women been sold a bill of goods by feminism? Maybe so, maybe not.

Perhaps Mel Gibson knew what women want, but I'm not so sure that women know what they want, themselves!

8 Comments:

At June 24, 2004 at 3:17 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

Too true!

 
At June 24, 2004 at 5:05 PM, Blogger Chris said...

And women bitch that men are too simple.

 
At June 24, 2004 at 10:12 PM, Blogger Oddsfish said...

Hm. I completely agree! What is WITH us these days?

 
At June 28, 2004 at 5:11 AM, Blogger Esther said...

Ran across you from diary-a. I like what I'm reading on here and will definately be coming back.
Yup, most women don't know what they want. Sometimes it's a case of "I want whatever I don't have now". People have to learn "if you can't be with the one you want, be happy with the one you're with", or something along those lines.

 
At June 29, 2004 at 8:00 AM, Blogger NML said...

You're absolutely right. It's like a double-edged sword and I am convinced that the feminist battle that was thought all those years ago is really biting us women of the 21st century in the arse.

Everybody is messed up because of our expectations. We have some weird ideas about what a man should be like, what our relationships should be like, and we seem to think that we can have it all. Look around you. Women cannot have it all. That's why most of us women have a fat headache everyday!

Loving the blog. Keep writing. I don't think you'll ever understand women but I'm sure you'll have a good time writing about it as you try!

 
At November 15, 2006 at 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://zbredwcf.com/xhtn/wjco.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://oaxpriiy.com/bsau/mrnd.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At November 15, 2006 at 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At November 15, 2006 at 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://zbredwcf.com/xhtn/wjco.html | http://evlijomv.com/uiso/kksb.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home